A decision by the City has been made to cancel all public and school tours at the Camarillo Ranch Property, effective immediately and until further notice, to protect our most vulnerable community members which are elderly and those with respiratory illnesses. This comes after receiving guidelines provided by the California Public Health Department to encourage social distancing to protect the public an slow the rate of transmission, “The timely implementation of aggressive strategies that create social distance and those that reduce close contact of people not regularly together, including limiting gatherings, has proven effective in prior pandemics at delaying rates of transmission and reducing illness and death.” We feel that this action will help protect our docents.
201 Camarillo Ranch Rd. | Camarillo, CA 93012 firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (805) 389-8182 Office Hours (Closed Holidays) Wednesday 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM House Tour Hours (Hours May Vary) Sat. & Sun. 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM (last tour starts at 1:30 PM) House Tour Fees $5.00 per person. Children 12 and under are free.*Please note, the Camarillo Ranch (including House Tours and the office) will be closed on holidays.
Directions: Heading North Take the 101 North to the Flynn Road exit. At the light, make a right onto Mission Oaks Boulevard. Make the first left onto Camarillo Ranch Road. Camarillo Ranch will be on the right. Directions: Heading South Take the 101 South to the Dawson Drive exit. Make a right after exiting the freeway. Continue until arriving at the stoplight (Dawson) and make a right. Continue on Dawson Drive (Dawson will turn into Mission Oaks Boulevard) back under the freeway. Cross Flynn Road and turn left onto Camarillo Ranch Road. Camarillo Ranch will be on the right.
Send an Email
The Camarillo Ranch Foundation’s mission is to preserve, restore, operate and maintain this historical site and transform it into a focal point of the community for education, enrichment and enjoyment, as well as to exhibit our diverse history and culture. VIRTUAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
- Historical research
- Creation of public messaging for educational tours and volunteer recruitment
- Archiving historical documents
IN-PERSON VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
- House tours
- Answering/returning phone calls and emails
- Preserving artifacts
- Tell us how you can help!
Camarillo Ranch Foundation (CRF) Volunteers donate their time, skills, and passion to promote and preserve the historical Camarillo Ranch and the legacy of Adolfo Camarillo. Would you like to join our team? Choose any of the four options below: HOUSE TOUR DOCENT: Give tours of the historical 1892 Camarillo Ranch House for the education and enjoyment of the public! House Tours may be performed on Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM, or during private scheduled tours. SCHOOL TOUR DOCENT: Deliver our dynamic history-themed activities to visiting students! School Tours are performed on Wednesday’s and Thursday’s from 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM during the academic year, with the exception of December. OUTREACH VOLUNTEER: Share the legacy of Adolfo Camarillo and the CRF mission with your community! Outreach Volunteers may conduct presentations or recruitment drives, staff the CRF booth at public events, or assist with our signature community events. SPECIAL PROJECTS VOLUNTEER: Use your personal talents to support the historical Camarillo Ranch! Projects include historical research, artifact maintenance/preservation, photography, graphic design, administrative support, and much more. Tell us how you can help! To apply, please submit the following documents via email to email@example.com, or via mail to 201 Camarillo Ranch Road, Camarillo CA 93012. Important Documents: City of Camarillo Release and Agreement | Volunteer Descriptions | Volunteer Application
- Camarillo’s Hidden Gems KCAL News | May 2023
- Camarillo Ranch House Issuu | Fall 2022
- Once In A Blue Moon: Camarillo Ranch House Hosts Movie VC Reporter | September 21, 2021
- Historic Camarillo Ranch House Has Starring Role In Movie Camarillo Acorn | May 21, 2021
- ‘Little Rose,’ Last Grandchild of Camarillo’s Founder, Dies Camarillo Acorn | Feb. 2, 2017
- Kids Enjoy Santa Nights Camarillo Acorn | Dec. 30, 2016
- Camarillo Ranch Hosts Kids for Holiday Event VC Star | Dec. 28, 2016
- Ranch House Featured In Upcoming TV Movie Camarillo Acorn | October 01, 2021
- Interim CEO Says Ranch Foundation Remains in the Black Camarillo Acorn | May 19, 2017
- Camarillo Family Descendant Donates Surrey Camarillo Acorn | May 19, 2017
- Destination Third Thursday: Visit Camarillo Visit California | Nov. 22, 2016
- #TBT Food Truck Fest in Camarillo VC Star